The program leading to the BS in Civil Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and the Civil and Similarly Named Engineering Program Criteria.
Program Learning Outcomes (Student Outcomes)
Upon completing the BSCE degree, students will be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Program Educational Objectives
Within 3 to 5 years of graduation, graduates with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) degree are expected to attain the following Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Excel in problem-solving and communication skills.
- Achieve leadership positions in technical or managerial areas.
- Demonstrate initiative and innovation in professional endeavors.
- Demonstrate engagement in addressing ethical, social, environmental, and global concerns.
- Remain engaged in continuing learning, including advanced degrees.
- Obtain a Professional Engineering license, if appropriate.
Degrees & Enrollment
Learn more about enrollments and degrees awarded for programs in the George R. Brown School of Engineering School.